Nineteen
Today was the Cherry Creek Winter Wonder speech meet.

I've already killed the suspense, so here we go:

WE GOT FIFTH PLACE! E.Y.M.S. and I won FIFTH PLACE in our duo today, out of I think thirty or forty something! And that is exciting, my friend! I guarantee! We got finalist ribbons, and also a SHINY TROPHY! Each!

I don't mean to be braggy or anything of the sort. Really, I don't. But they gave us TROPHIES. Do you know the last time I got a TROPHY? Not a medal, mind you, which is what you get in dance or for getting a high score on the SAT ... I mean a full fledged, you-can't-wear-it-but-put-it-on-the-mantle TROPHY.

Eighth grade. Spelling bee. And K.S.D.L. is embarrassed by its cartoon beeness. But it is my TROPHY and I am PROUD of it. And now I have another one, that nobody can deny it its VICTORIOUS place on the shelf, because it looks VERY PROFESSIONAL (or it will, when I glue the corner back on X[ Stupid fumbling with my gloves while the bus was really late and cracking it a bit on the sidewalk...)

(You know what? I have looked EVERYWHERE for my glue gun! I can't find it and I am uber not pleased. Because I have to give the trophy back on Monday until the end of the year. And I would really like it on display in ONE piece. RAWR)

(Sorry for the spaziness. I have been mildly like this ever since E.Y.M.S. yelled at me that we made it to finals. When I screamed.

(Really, really loudly.

(Multiple times.

(And everybody looked. And then Mrs. M.K. came over and asked what was up, and I told her that we'd broken to finals. Except when you are excited, you know, your heart rate is increased, so you think you are speaking normal speed, and quietly, and actually you are going at 120 words per minute and shrieking at the top of your lungs, and every team in the cafeteria is staring at you and your own team is pretending not to be affiliated with you... You know?

(I mean, it happens to me all the time. To other people. Yes? Yes. And anyway, I didn't care on account of WE MADE IT TO FINALS.

(END PARENTHESIS!)

You really don't need to know much else. Yup yup. That was a huge victory, let me tell you. It makes it okay for a few days that the cast list still isn't posted. But like I say, hey. I have a trophy. I can wait a day to find out if I'm in the chorus.

And it sounds like I wrote that ironically, but I kind of didn't.

END
0 Responses

Post a Comment