Nineteen
I woke up at a good time today - 10:something - and I was really really glad to get out of bed (nightmares *shudders*) but I didn't feel hungry for breakfast. I was conflicted, because I know I have to eat stuff to, you know, survive, but on the other hand it's wasteful and unhealthy to eat when one is not hungry.

I had a yogurt and read the comics around 11 (when I emerged from my room - Speech moms were at our house this morning and I did NOT feel sociable), and then I had a little bowl of Wheaties around 11:30 while I read my book. I figured that it was close enough to lunch time that I might as well eat the lunch and count it as both meals.

So I set out this grand to-do list for myself, because some of this stuff just needs to get done and there's no way around it. Like my Bio assignment: I have to write the designs for 3 Internal Assessments by next Friday. My original goal was to have it all done tomorrow. No such luck. My modified goal for today was to have two ready and shipped off to Mr. S for approval. Well, I did one completely, and that was from scratch, thank you very much - made it up all on my own, and if it works, I think it could be really cool.

Anyway, those first two IAs are at the top of my to-do list.

Next are college application things: Select the essays I'm going to do for each of the nine supplements I need to do (for nine schools, what else?), then do at least one. Well ha, that's something I can actually cross out. I finished my essays for Columbia and Amherst, and I'm working on planning my big, umbrella CommonApp essay. I kinda started. A little.

Then the last thing on my to-do list is to make birthday cards for B, Mom, and Eann. B's birthday was yesterday, I think; Mom's is next week, and Eann's is two days from now. But I have no other time besides tomorrow morning to do them, and I REALLY need to. It's important. And I haven't started them at all.

Anyway, I sat down at my desk around noon and gave myself until 9 to complete my to-do list. Well, I have 1.5 hours left, with which I'm supposed to write an essay determining my future in the world of education, design another IA, and create three neat, personalized cards.

CAN SHE DO IT??

I kept distracting myself by wanting to eat stuff, even though I wasn't hungry. Still happening a little now, actually. So I'm blowing through all my gum (Ha. Unintentional) and I've started chewing on my hair again - great, when did THAT start back up - and pacing around, singing to myself, listening to all of my music and listening to it again, trying to focus.

I baked friggin muffins at 3 in the afternoon. That is a very serious and sacred procrastination technique that runs in the family. So you know.

And I'm not even going to tell you all the crap I've tried to do online to stall and stuff.

Then I went to the store, and now I'm back here, blogging. Not finishing my last 3 very important items that MUST GET DONE.

Did I mention that I also balanced my entire bank account since the start of June? And apparently I'm in the red?

Or that I've been troubled all day by images from the horrible dreams I had last night of people committing suicide, dishes breaking, and Lucifer knows what else? Gawd, it was terrifying. That's why it was so great to get up this morning despite all else.

Like, what the hell? It gets hot on a few nights and I start having nightmares. It happens when I don't wear pajamas. I am not even kidding you. Conspiracy O.o

That was way more than you needed to know about what goes on in my overheated subconscious at night.

Sorry.

Okay, back to the grindstone. Let's produce a lab and a solid first draft.

Meh. Meh. Mehhhhhhhhhhhh
0 Responses

Post a Comment