Nineteen
Dear C.M.E.M., and everyone else whose fault Intentionally Left Blank is,

You said that I should start a blog of my own because you wanted "to get inside [my] head..." Please don't get lost. Thank you.

Love,
"Nineteen"



Friday. Friday, to put it briefly, was way too long.

To put it not-briefly (you knew it was coming!), it was a long day at school followed by a speech tourney. Which would have been bad in itself. Or bad paired with the fact that I had PMS hangover and super-cramps. Except I had A COLD. Not the flu, mind you, just a stupid head-congesting, nose-blowing, cruddy-feeling COLD. Bleh. So I had to pinch my nose with a tissue during each round or (as I found out second round) I would sneeze during people's pieces.

What is up with those particular dudes (identities protected)? I didn't sneeze DURING their piece. I didn't sneeze loudly. I did the best I could! STOP GIVING ME DIRTY LOOKS.

I don't even like your piece that much anymore. So there.

And then our second round judge timed us for the first time all season, so of course we went "over" - that is, we were verbally stopped with about thirty seconds left in our piece. Thank goodness it was at a good stopping point. So then we had to go into the hall and cut stuff, and I couldn't even give it a good run through because I could feel my voice losing itself - could feel myself losing my voice. Whatever - and I was SUPER TIRED. But we did get it down to like 9:50 or something for our third round. I hope Erin remembers the cuttings. Cuz I fo sho do not.

And at the same time as we were cutting I destroyed my left eye with my contact. It was muy painful and for no reason.

Anyway, it was exhausting. And we didn't even break. To finals. For you non-speechifying people, breaking to finals means making it to finals. Which is good. Meh. Stupid East, getting all of its teams in. Oh well.

I did make some new friends, though. These two kids (from East, yeah, but they were nice) were SO funny. The guy's name is Will, I think, and I don't remember the girl's name. But Will was really nice when we were talking after just about everybody else had gone home, and all the duo people (except for those who...left...early...) were waiting for the semi finals postings. He said he really loved our piece (FIST BUMP, E.Y.M.S.! *BUMP*) and then he said that he really liked Mrs Fibonacci as a character. Since Mrs Fibonacci is my character, I am taking it as a personal compliment. Don't go bringing logic into it! You'll spoil my fun!

Yep. So that was cool.

Then Saturday rolled around. There were ten hours or something of sleep between Friday night and Saturday morning, but still. I still had this KILLER COLD and I had to dance. Bleh. So I did. I won't even tell you the heck in a handbasket I went through just to find the place. I had some juice, though, and that perked me right up - yay, electrolytes! - and also, adrenaline really clears out your sinuses. *Surprised*

I will again skip - skip, skip, skip, skip, skip - all of the in-between-ness. And skip right to the show.

Well, okay, I will skip the frantic part too.

So I got all made up in my Mammy face and clothes (positively darling! - look on Facebook), and frantically ran around trying to find my hat...Then, as soon as I had a moment, I wandered out into the buffet area and found my darling N.L.N.

Pause. All of you people who don't like bubbles. You know who you are. Stop reading. Because I was really tired, and getting over a bad head cold, so I was still congested, and still had cramps and PMS hangover, and I hadn't really felt like eating all day, and there was Nate. So I am going to bubble, d@&*it.

Play. ^^

He was getting chips or salsa or both or something, so he was bent over, and he was wearing his ridiculous shorts like he does (you know they're ridiculous!). And I just went right up and hugged him, darnit. He was like this glowing beacon of happy and I was SO GLAD TO SEE HIM!!

Bubblebubblebubblebubblebubble...

Haha so then after that I found out that K.S.D.L. was just a few people behind me, and he was giving me this look like, "What, your dad comes all this way and brings your cartoonish hats and you hug your BF first?" But you know, I really saw N.L.N. first, and also, yes. Basically, that is how it goes when you are lightheaded from congestion and need some advil for your lady problems. That is just how it goes.

My dinner? A bite of a tuna sandwich and two slices of cantaloupe. I wasn't hungry! After six and a half hours of dancing! Not hungry! What a twist.

I was so happy that my parents and N.L.N.'s dad got along, though. I figured they would - I mean, they are Nate's and my parents; my parents like N.L.N., and N.L.N.'s parents like me; there must be a connection someplace - but it was still so nice to see it play out before I had to go rushing back to fix my hair and my hat and this, that, and the other thing.

I nearly missed the performance of the other drama, but I got out just in time (though I still had to pin the comb onto my hat - long story). I found D.H.G. and had time to say hello, and then the other drama began. (YAY Dragon people! You rock! *Head bang*)

As soon as it was over, I had to run back and put on my hat, then walk out and make backstage preparations, smile for photos (My adoring fans! Mwah! Mwah!), and yeah. It was quite hectic.

The show went awesomely! Yayyyyy! If you were not there I am not going to describe it for you. You should have been there. And if you were there, yay! You know what it was like, and hopefully it looked as good as it felt :)

Well, afterward, there were pictures to be taken, and I saw D.H.G., and posed for a picture, and there were cast pictures, etc. But I didn't get to see B.J.W.L. or N.L.N. I thought, No problem. I'll see them in a minute...right?

WRONG. Cuz then M (our coach) wanted to give us NOTES. Right then.

Okay, I don't know about y'all, but if I am only staying awake on adrenaline, and I have hardly eaten anything all day, and I stop moving, I fall asleep slash devolve into a moody whatever. Which I did.

I was leaning against the wall and M was taking what seemed like forever taking notes (I'm sure it couldn't have been more than six minutes total. It just felt super long on my exhausted mindedness). And because I hadn't seen N.L.N. I got all anxious and thought, "What if he left?" I started mildly panicking because that is what ladies do when they are tired and have lady problems. My cold was going away, though...

So I kept anxiously looking down the hall to see if N.L.N. was leaving, and I don't know what I would have done - broken away from the group and slammed into him in a really hard hug, I guess - but it made me sadder and sadder that I didn't see him, and K.McQ. was being a real darling and everyone was giving me sympathetic looks. Which was good, only I know I was being super duper rude to M. Sorry, M. Sorry...

LONG STORY SHORT AGAIN (sorry, y'all!): I found N.L.N. He had not left. I just about fell over from happy. D.H.G. had left, though, so that was a downer. B.J.W.L., N.L.N., K.S.D.L., and N.L.N.'s dad wanted to see me dance some more, so I *magically* acquired more energy (adrenaline! You could bottle it and make a fortune!) and did a slip jig. I hope it was good... so yeah.

And then N.L.N. had to drive me home because I was so exhausted. Yay N! You know (anti-bubbling people can look away now), that was super awesome of you, and I cannot express how much it meant that I was not in the driver's seat that night. I probably would have crashed. I was SO TIRED. So thanks a bunch. You are amazing. All the time. And that was particularly awesome.

Okay, evil non-bubbly peoples, it's safe.

Just kidding.

Muhuahahaha.

We got back to my house after an adventure downtown and me continually giving N the wrong directions because I was half-asleep and fully confused. (Sorry!) So we got to the house and N.L.N.'s dad, B.J.W.L., and K.S.D.L. were already there. They had a Fresca waiting for N. I took the first opportunity to get Nate to sit down, and then I sat down too, and promptly fell asleep. N, by the way, is a muy comfy pillow. (*Bubble*) And everybody talked about tasers or something for a while, and then they had to go home, and then I went to sleep.

Whew! What a fun- and exhaustion-packed two days, eh? And thank goodness I blogged about it or you might have missed it! }=] Muhuahahaha.

Maybe next time will be more congruent...

Well, peoples, you wanted to get inside my head... I hope you did not get too lost...

Here is a compass...

Don't get consumed by a bear...
0 Responses

Post a Comment